Companies wish to shift the registered office address from one location to another for various reasons. While shifting of registered office within a state is a relatively simple process, shifting of registered office from one state to another involves a lot of procedural formalities..
Procedure for shifting the registered office of a private limited company from one state to another is given below:
- Board Meeting to be conducted and a resolution to be passed to fix up the date for conducting an Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM) to obtain the approval of the shareholders for shifting the registered office from one state to another state
- On the fixed date, the EGM should be conducted and a special resolution to be passed for deciding to shift the registered office from one state to another
- Within 30 days, file Form 23 with MCA
- Advertisements to be released on newspapers both in English and in vernacular language
- A petition has to be submitted to the Company Law Board (CLB) towards shifting the registered office from the current state to another state
- Notices have to be sent to all the creditors of the company as of date for the “No Objection” towards shifting the registered office
- Hearing has to be attended at CLB office
- Upon receiving the order, Form 21 to be filed
- Once the approval is obtained, Form 18 has to be filed
For any assistance with respect to shifting of registered office, please contact us at email@example.com
This entry was posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 at 7:50 pm and is filed under Statutory Matters. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.